Saturday, October 20, 2012

MQX West

So here we are in Portland, Oregon. I have had a very educational week. Amazing! My goal was to at least learn one technique from each class. Well I must say the teachers were great and I learned a lot. By the way I should have explained Mark and I are at the West Coast Machine Quilters Expo. An added plus, we're staying with Mark's brother Kevin and his family. My sister-in-law is a long arm quilter so we took some classes together - such fun! Her knowledge of digitizing patterns on the computer is amazing. I wish we lived closer together so I could suck her brain dry. The whole computer thing is hard for me but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

I took classes from Jamie Wallen, Judy Woodworth, Angela Walters, Dawn Cavanaugh, and Linda Matteotti. Jamie Wallen is an amazing teacher, I can hardly wait to get home and try out some of his designs. Angela Walters taught designs for Modern Quilts - great ideas. If you ever have a chance to take a class from Angela do it. She's very talented, a great quilter, funny, charming and a cutie pie. Her new book will be released soon. Dawn Cavanaugh taught us a zillion different funky feathers. Who doesn't love feathers? Linda Matteotti is an educator for HandiQuilter. So as a proud owner of a Fusion HandiQuilter with a Prostitcher computer, I took 3 classes from her. I learned a lot but I was confused a lot, it's the whole computer thing. It takes a while for computer skills to sink into my head.

I know you want to see some pictures of gorgeous quilts , so here you go!







Best of Show
















Quilting close up of previous photo.






Amazing, right?

More later,
Marsha

Location:Portland, Oregon

1 comment: