Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Normal is just a setting on the dryer.......

Do you ever try to figure out what is normal? One of my favorite things to say is "Okay we are almost back to normal. What a joke. What the heck is normal? For us as Quilt Shop Owners there is no normal, unless of course normal is constantly moving, sewing, laughing, crying, being with great people, being behind, trying to catch up and always creating. This sounds negative but I don't mean it negative. There is nothing I enjoy more than a good challenge. Running a quilt shop means constant change and new creations. A good nap would be nice once in awhile.

Last weekend was spent sewing with a quilting group that we started about 17 years ago. Not all the original people are still with us but we just add as room allows. What a blast, we laughed our heads off and got a lot of eating and quilting done. I never seem to get enough "SHE" time and when I do I love it. Thanks for a great weekend my friends.

We are busily getting ready to vendor for the Yuba City Quilt Show this weekend. The Valley Quilt Guild always puts on a great show. Hope to see you there! We will also be vendoring at the Auburn Show this year. It is April 10 and 11. The girls have been making new samples like crazy. We have 15 new samples for the Quilt Shows and about 10 more new samples for Quilt Rush. Quilt Rush starts April 14 and ends April 18. Visit www.quiltrush.org for more information.

Mark had fun last week taking fun pictures of the store. Hope you enjoy them.

We have had many requests for an American Girl Doll clothes class. Here is a picture to show you what you can make. Please call the store to sign up, or check out the class at our website.


Enough for now. Enjoy this Spring weather. Use the bright colors, flowers, new leaves, fluffy clouds and whatever else floats your boat to stir your imagination and creativity.


Marsha

Imagination is the highest kite that one can fly. Lauren Bacall


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for all you do! It makes being at Morning Star extra special that we know how much it means to you to make us happy! Nice photography Mark! xoxo Pam in Chico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Marsha everything looks so spring like! I love all the new samples, and sock monkey is one of my favorite things ever! It was good to see all of you at The Fort.

    Enjoy the sunshine my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell Mark that the photos are very creative, artsy, and pro quality! I don't do blogs but after talking in the applique class I thought I'd check a couple out. Yours is great! I love having 2 shops in our little town... Joan McW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, your last post, Hi HO Silver, did not make it. Maybe you lost your internet before it posted. I'm very curious, so please repost. Also I missed you tonight at Applique club, I know you have somewhere better to be. Take care and have fun.

    ReplyDelete